Tuesday, May 16, 2006

November 9, 1973
In which I am toyed with

Lots has been happening to me lately. Too much at one time, I guess. I will begin with Monday night.

I was watching a movie on television when the phone rang. I answered it. It was Jeff Y. I was very happy because he wanted me to like him because he liked me, We talked for about forty-five minutes. We met Tuesday and he walked me to a class. He waited and talked to me for a while at my room. Tuesday night he called and told me that he loved me! We made plans to see Billy Jack the next day. Wednesday was a half day and I wasn't going to school at all. Neither was Jeff. I was excited about seeing the movie. Then I looked in the paper and realized that it wasn't on in the daytime. Just then Jeff called. He coughed and said that he woke up with a sore throat and was sick. He hoped I would understand. Mother and I made pumpkin pie all day.

Wednesday night Jeff called again and asked for my address. I told him and he came over. I looked a mess. We had a blast! Then later he took my hand and touched my leg. He left.

Thursday we walked from C.D. to my locker and he said see ya. Thursday night he didn't even call. Today I avoided him and I saw him at the game tonight. I don't think he saw me though. He could have asked me to go to the game with him. I was really depressed tonight. I know that it is over. A week! A lousy fucking week.

I saw Bob there too. That cheered me up a bit. Beth K. and Ruth and Richard were there. We won 17 - 0. I was really happy about that but I felt like crying about Jeff.

Dan hasn't brought me the book yet. Bob won't talk to me. Gary just stares at me. I really am in a rut. Oh well, I had fun while it lasted --------- a week!

Note:
I don't remember any of this except the fact that Jeff and I were going to see a movie but it was not playing the day we were going to see it. I have a suspicion Jeff was playing with me - and I think that it had to do with Maureen, his friend. I may be wrong, but I never felt right around her, even though she was nice enough. They were both from well-to-do families, compared to mine.


No comments: