Sunday, May 14, 2006

August 21, 1973
In which I feel guilty

Actually I don't feel like writing, but I feel awful. I know that I should be helping Grandma but I am not. All I have done is lay around like a lazy fool all of the time I have been up here. I am supposed to be helping her to get reorganized - but what do I do? Sit around eating her food. I even broke her mirror last night and some glasses. I'm hindering more than helping. I wish I knew what to do!!!

Note:
I remember breaking the mirror and the beer glasses. They were on top of the dresser in which I kept my clothes and the drawer stuck a little. I pulled too hard on the drawer and the mirror, which was probably not secured on the wall fell over, breaking two beer glasses shape like lab flasks that were resting in a wooden holder. The glasses belonged to my grandfather.

My grandmother was obviously upset about what had happened. I think I apologized, but probably also was defensive. Anyway, she got over being upset quickly and helped me clean up. She said that she was sadder about grandpa's beer glasses than the mirror.

I'd thought about buying her a new mirror, but never did.

No comments: