Sunday, May 28, 2006

January 29, 1974
In which I am a real bitch

A lot has happened today. Mostly really bad. I don't want to really remember them but I had better write them down so I can realize why I did what I did.

It began in yearbook -- and ended there too. Everything was going great -- Dan and I were "talking" actually it was nothing but cut down, cut down, cut down all day. Robin got upset and told Deb that we were bickering. Deb came into the room and told Dan and me to either quit it or leave. I said, "Yes ma'am." Then when the hour was over Deb told me to sign up for five ads. I didn't want to simply because I detest selling ads so I put my name down and underneath I put "go to hell". I can't really believe it -- but that is what I put. I meant it at the time. I walked over to get my books and when I left, I saw that Deb had the paper in her hand.

Note:
I didn't remember this incident -- still don't, but it is typical of my temper back then. I normally saved that for my mom or at least good friends, not associates.

I am very ashamed of this behavior and am no longer surprised or curious about what happened with Vilma. It is painfully obvious that I had a terrible temper and must have frightened her. So, after all these years, I realize it was my fault.

The Robin in the story must have been Robin M. She and I were friends of a sort in junior high, maybe high school. She was on the heavy side and I probably treated her like crap. I saw her about 10 years ago at the office where my aunt worked. She looked the same, but stronger, more sure of herself. She adopted at least one African American child.

No comments: