Sunday, May 14, 2006

August 26, 1973
In which I plot to be a mole

I don't feel like writing really. But I should. Uncle Dick came yesterday. It's all right I guess. But he is quite dominating to Grandma. I guess Grandma doesn't mind though. I am sure Mom and Dad are going to question me about him.

5:20
There are two guys out here fishing and I think I will sit and stare at them. No I won't. Grandma just came out here. The guys are cute-- at least cuter than a lot I have seen up here. Grandma went out on the big dock.

I still have little to write about. I have been thinking about Bob today. About how stupid he was and how stupid I was to like him.

Mom, Dad, and Kevin called on my birthday. It was nice to hear their voices. I really miss being home. Mom said that Chad said to Bob, "Ha, ha Robert, Dona doesn't like you anymore!" I laughed so hard! Daddy told me that Bob has a new girlfriend. It makes me feel sort of sad. Oh well, there are better things than boys in this world. What? I don't know. Whenever I think about Bob I feel sick. My stomach feels heavy and I just about puke.

Note:
I think there was tension between my parents and my uncle after my grandfather died. I know there was after my grandmother died, many years later. I felt loyal to my parents. And for years had bad feelings about my uncle. It was a surprise to me when it seemed that my mom and uncle were good friends again. I've mentioned it to my mom and either it is too touchy of a subject, or she's forgotten it, because she doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

My dad was always getting pissed off at people. Perhaps that is what it was.

Chad was a boy down the street who I used to babysit. I see his mother sometimes when I visit Elgin. She was married to a relative of the Greg I've mentioned in this journal.

No comments: