Saturday, May 13, 2006

July 26, 1973
In which I witness two moral codes at work

11:45 am

What is right? When someone changes an answer for you in grading a test should you leave it or tell the teacher? Linda Oper graded a test of mine and gave me four extra points. She did the same for Sally and for others I suppose. I would have let it pass, but Sally saw it and I didn't want her to think I cheated sort of. Linda knows who told (which we did, like fools) and asked us why we did. I feel like everyone is giving me dirty looks. A couple of people are for sure. What does one follow - moral codes or a student code?

Note:
I don't remember this at all. Linda Oper was popular, so maybe she changed grades for her friends and thought she was doing everyone a favor. I'm not sure what I advice I would give my daughter in the same situation. Probably let it slide.

No comments: