Saturday, May 20, 2006

December 31, 1973
In which I say goodbye to 1973

Monday

Well I can write 1973 now -- but in less than two hours I won't be able to truthfully. I have to write my "New Year Resolutions". I haven't really thought a great deal about them - but I have formed vague ideas. The first and foremost I think is to be myself. I think that last year my resolution was to be perfect or something like that. That was really stupid -- I realize that now. I think that being myself is as perfect as I am ever going to become. Other ideas are to be honest and not talk about boys and my past. I realize, with mother's help, that people don't care about what happened to me. So I will try to improve my listening power. I will also try harder in school -- since I have such "easy" courses why flunk out of them? I am not going to act silly -- and if I catch myself doing it I will stop and apologize to others as well as myself. I will stop swearing in my head and in private. It isn't healthy. I am sure that there are other things that I ought to improve upon, but I can't think of them right now. But whenever I can think of something that will make me a better person I may "try it on for size and see if it fits". Now I am going to litter the back of this paper with little thoughts of 1973!

Goodbye '73, I'll never forget ya! :-(

Note:
Interesting resolutions. I'm still working on quite a few of those.

I'll try to scan the back of the paper. I've written '73 MEMORIES '73 at the top in black marker. Then in a rainbow of colors I've written many memories from the preceding year.

Brookfield Zoo
Romeo and Juliet
Dan F
TAP
Driving (Mr P)
"monster mash"
Bob W.
Gregg
Progressive Dinner
Fox Valley Roller Rink
Gary C
Ruby Red Dress
"Fiddler on the Roof" (2)
Jeff Y
"Leroy Brown"
DEATH
Ben Franklin?
England?
KISS smak



Not sure about the color coding, but it seems as if my hopes were written in yellow. The words were all over the page - upside down, slanted, sideways -- not in a list. Words that were related were sometimes intertwined like Fox Valley Roller Rink and Gary C.

No comments: