Saturday, May 13, 2006

August 4, 1973
In which decide to be cool

10:50 am

This is only about six or seen hours from my last entry but a lot has changed from then. It is sunny now and the sunshine has washed away all the ill clouds from my thoughts.

Of course this trip is different. Many things have changed within our family. I was just feeling sorry for myself in the last entry.

Mrs. Lorenz was just over and said that I could use her bike if I wanted to ride to town. Her sons are sitting on their dock right now (I think it is her sons). I have made up my mind to quit looking at guys. It is silly. If someone wants to like me - let him - only I'll be cool. Oh Dona, you know you won't be like that!

Note:


I scanned this photo that my grandma took when I was staying with her that summer.



I really did like going to Chetek and staying with my grandmother. She and I were very close. I wish my kids could be as close to their grandmothers as I was to my Grandma Green. I feel as if they are missing out on something very special by not being close to her.

No comments: