Tuesday, May 16, 2006

November 1, 1973
In which I hear some disturbing news

Thursday

I found out something kind of sad today. The story actually beings on Monday of this week. A friend of mine - actually just an associate - and I were talking. I opened my child development book and looked at the names of people who had had the book in other years. Brenda C. was on and I commented on it out loud. Laurie asked if I knew her and I said tad I knew her brother. We discussed him for a while but nothing interesting came up in the conversation. Then she asked me who else I had liked. I said that I didn't want to say -- but finally after a few minutes gave in and said Bob W. She said that she knew the twins. We discussed them for a while and I told her to promise not to say anything to them--I think.

Well, today she said something about Bob. She had looked him up and remembered that she hated him. Then she said that one of the twins said that he had fixed my room all up. I said that he never was even in my house. I guess, according to this story, Bob told his sisters that he was fixing up my room -- tiling it in fact. That was why he was always over and calling me. He really liked me I guess. I really could cry Why did he lie like that? For what reason would he say that? Why don't his memories leave me alone?

Changing the subject, Dan is going to lend me a book. It is called Dune. Maybe this will be it?...

Note:
I don't remember that conversation, with Laurie. I also don't know who Laurie is/was. (I wrote a note in blue, next to the first paragraph: now dead) Maybe she was the same Laurie that I mentioned was in my PE class, but I spelled that name differently than this one.

I didn't read Dune. I think I tried, but I guess I was not into science fiction. I'd forgotten that Dan loaned me the book.

No comments: