Saturday, May 13, 2006

July 31, 1973
In which I get angry with Lori

12:30 pm

There are a hundred and one things I should be doing right now. I am not even in a mood to write. I got angry at Lori this morning because we have had it planned to go swimming some time this week. The weather rotten and besides Lori's mother has her period. It wasn't Lori's fault and I don't think she knows that I was angry with her - but when she asked if we could do something else today I told her that I would be busy all day and probably all week. Why can't Mrs. S use tampons like I do? Anyway I think she does because I saw a wrapper off of one the night I stayed over. That is another thing. What a boring church! I don't plan on going with them ever again.

I must not have had a nourishing breakfast because I am hungry already.

Dumb Cindy has failed to write me. I hope that she does before I go to Chetek or else we will have a mess. Pam hasn't written yet either.

Note:
I'm willing to bet Lori knew I was angry. I was not too subtle about my emotions back then. I'm surprised that I wanted to go swimming so much. I don't remember actually liking to swim.
Cindy was pretty bad at correspondence. She still is. I've written her a number of times and she never responds. A couple of weeks ago I found her work address on the Internet and wrote her a letter. She has not responded. I'm taking it as a hint to leave her be which is pretty painful.

No comments: