Friday, May 12, 2006

July 12, 1973
In which I write cryptically about my grandfather

I just went on a "shopping spree". For me anyway. I bought some shampoo, stationery, ponytail holders, a pen, some hairspray for mother, and last but not least a new journal. I am not finished with the old one - but I had an urge. Actually I cannot find the other one and I am too lazy to look for it.

I don't want this to sound dramatic or anything gushy like that - but it isn't something I can just flatly say. So, I will put it in a story, sort of:

When I was very young he was present. A tall, now shadowy presence in the back of my mind. I don't know when he became more clear. He lived at my Grandmother's house, it was his house too -- he was my Grandfather. He was quiet. The only thing I remember about him was when he took Coco, his dog away. I remember that my Aunt Ginny (the youngest daughter) had a different story about Coco's disappearance than Grandpa did. Oh well, that's past. One other time I remember him was at Christmas one year he played Santa Claus.

Later on he has become more clear. Like the year Ginny got married. Then the year Grandpa and Grandma moved, it seemed to me he blossomed into what I remember.

Note
I remember a lot more about my grandfather than I let on. I've written a lot about him in my other journal.

technorati tags: ,

No comments: