Saturday, May 13, 2006

July 27, 1973
In which I do not understand myself

Here I am again, at Wing Park, writing in my Journal. I think I am facing northwest, facing the swing sets and child park part.

Why do I need to write? Life has been all right these last few weeks. Do I really miss Bob? Yes, in a way I do. When Lori came over the other day we walked around a couple of blocks and I pointed out where Bob lived. Low and behold Bob was outside when we got right in front of his house and he said, "Hi Dona".

Why don't I forget him? He is out of my life and good riddence.

Another thing I fail to understand about myself is why I am attracted to younger guys. Older guys hardly attract me at all. I am not half as attracted to Greg Purdue who came to my house especially to meet me as Iam to a guy on a commercial. I don't know how old the commercial guy is but probably younger than myself

There is one person, quite a bit older than myself who I like. Mr Perkins, my driving instructor. I don't like him like I love him. That probably sounds corny -- but inside I know what it means. It is sort of like a clean like. When I think of him I feel refreshed, like a good cry.

I think I will move on now and read a chapter from F.S.S.

Note:
That attraction to younger guys remained with me for a long time. Most of my long-term relationships were with younger men and I married someone 9 months younger than I.

No comments: