Sunday, May 14, 2006

August 7, 1973
In which I discover alarming news

I just read a letter that I sent to my Grandparents. It was all about Bob. I must be getting better because my stomach gets sick when I think of him now -- at least my legs don't turn to jelly like they used to. I think that as soon as I quit writing I will change my clothes and go to bed and read. Maybe I won't. Mother just went in there to lay down presumably. Too bad I'm not at home -- I feel a good cry coming on.

I just had a shock today. All along I've been thinking that I will have a week or two at home before school starts. Do you know when I am coming home? The day before school starts! How awful. I like it up here - but I will be so tired the first week. Oh well, fate is the hunter or something like that.

I filled out six post cards today to" Lori, Carol S., Carol P., Pam, Chad and Cindy.

Oh great! I was just thinking about school and remembering that Bob is going to be there.

Well I am now going to wash my face and get ready for bed and watch the late movie maybe.

Note:
I'm not sure why I wrote that about Fate is the Hunter. The movie was released in 1964. Maybe it had been on television recently or something.

In that list of people the only person I don't remember is Carol P. I knew a Carol Patrick, but don't think I knew her well enough to write post cards to her.

No comments: