Wednesday, March 09, 2005

May 3, 1973
In which I wear shorts

I got embarrassed today. It was my fault and I feel bad. Miss Sliger had us do a thing that I remembered doing in 7th grade -- drawing pictures. I got it mixed up with something I did in 6th grade - a listening test - you ended up with a blank piece of paper. Well - I had a blank piece of paper and I was wrong! I know it seems a small thing - but at the moment I was steaming.

I hate it when people look at me! I know I probably shouldn't have worn these shorts - but I saw the sun this morning and was inspired. So far all day I have been having people look at me like "what does she thin she is doing - wearing shorts on a day like today" I have gotten so fed up with it I pretend I am invisible and walk down the hall not looking at any one and pretend no one is looking at me! {don't pay attention (serious) to people's comments - You look good in shorts. so....}

Note:
The assignment, which I do not remember, was not the
listening test, which I do remember. Of course I would have been embarrassed.

The shorts incident is actually very timely. This morning my daughter
came to me, upset, because a hoodie she wanted to wear was not dry. She had it
on and it was too damp to wear to school. We found another black hoodie for her
to wear but she didn't want to wear it because it was a brand that the popular
kids wear at school. I know we paid nearly $50 for it, yet she refuses to wear
it because she isn't good enough.

I wore shorts when the sun shone. The
calendar said May (cold in Northern Illinois) but the weather said warm.

No comments: