Wednesday, March 02, 2005

March 14, 1973
In which I think about next year's courses

Wednesday

Huckleberry Finn is a real good book. {It's one of the all time greats, I think} I kind thought it would be boring.

I don't know what to do. I have a free period next year that I want to fill. I sort of thought that I would take two English courses = 5 - 6 and [The Literature of] Love and Loneliness and basic writing skills.

Since I don't have to take a math course, I won't. I will take TAP also for two hours and Spanish 3 - 4.

{sounds like a good schedule}

Note:
I am annoyed with my high school counselors. They should have insisted I take more math and science instead of encouraging me to drop it since I wanted to be a teacher. What morons.

I did end up taking "The Literature of Love and Lonliness" which was a decent class. Some of the reading material was kind of weird, but the teacher (Leslie Klein) was great. It was in that class that I first ever heard the word "masterbation" said aloud in reference to "self love".

TAP was Teacher's Aide Program. I worked in an elementary school for two hours a day as a student aide. It was set up for potential drop outs, but also utilized by students interested in going on to become teachers. It was TAP that got me interested in becoming a special ed teacher, which I am fairly certain will be a topic of an entry later on.

No comments: