Wednesday, March 02, 2005

March 16, 1973
In which I want to cheer people up for a living

Friday

I have an ambition that probably sounds dumb to other people. I would like to cheer everyone up who looks sad. If someone lost a member of their family I would like to keep them from being sad. {does NOT sound dumb -- sounds idealistic and wonderful} But I probably don't know what I am talking about. I have never had a great sadness and I don't know how I would take it if someone tried to cheer me up. {I'm glad for you. Don't feel guilty because of that. Feel thankful}


Last year when Penny's dad died I wanted to say something like "I'm sorry Penny" but I couldn't bring myself to say anything. The same thing when Lori's sister had a heart attack and died, even though I grew up with both Lori and her sister, I didn't know how to tell her my feelings. I understand a little bit about the other person's feelings now because Marcia hasn't said anything about Grandpa's operation. Yet when she

Note:
What a stupid ambition that was. Going around the world cheering people up? Yeah. Did I want to be a clown when I grew up?

I still have problems with other's grief and how to address it. Good friends is one thing, but people I don't know well is a lot harder. The neighbor's daughter died and I don't know what to do. If it were someone I knew well I would go and talk to her, but I am uncomfortable with this woman. I meant to go to the funeral, but didn't check the paper in time.

No comments: