Wednesday, March 02, 2005

March 20, 1973
In which I confess a fear

Tuesday

Thinking about the quote on the board, "Fear always springs from ignorance"

I am afraid of the dark. I know what the dark is - the absence of light - but it still frightens me. I am afraid that some cold clammy hand will touch my back or a furry crawly thing will run over my toes. Then there is that shadow lurking in the corner that was never there before. I wouldn't mind if it was a person with a knife going to kill me - just as long as it is human, not a ghost or monster. I suppose this fear comes from my childhood and I have never outgrown it. {do you believe in the supernatural? i.e. ghosts etc.}

Note:
I am still uneasy in the dark, but now am afraid of people with knives as well as ghosts.

I don't think that kind of fear is what the teacher had in mind.


No comments: