Wednesday, March 02, 2005

March 9, 1973
In which I discuss my reading habits

Friday

I finished The Pearl last night and just about jumped a mile when I found out that the son had died. I have been meaning to read that book for a long time but just got the chance this year. {glad you got the chance} That is what I enjoyed most about speedreading - being able to read books I probably wouldn't have never had time to read - but when it is homework you have to. My mother used to complain that I read too much - but can one ever read too much? {No!!! I don't believe anyone can EVER over read.} I used to think so. What if I didn't have any real friends? - Meg, Jo, Bess and Amy were real enough to me.

She [mom] used to tell me to do something constructive like make a wastebasket or Christmas ornaments - but she is the person who likes to make things, she didn't ever like to read. Oh well, I don't read half a much as I used to. I used to bring twenty books home from the library each month and sit in my room and read them (usually romances). For four years now I have been on a gothic mystery/romance kick. I can't seem to drop it. I have read every one of Victoria Holt's books.

{good entry}


Note:
I think I did read too much and I think that someone can read too much, especially at the expense of social interaction.

I got another laugh out of this line: She [mom] used to tell me to do something constructive like make a wastebasket or Christmas ornaments...

No comments: