Wednesday, March 02, 2005

March 18, 1973
In which I discuss my future

Monday

I talked with Mr. Abbs today about my schedule. I hardly believe it yet, I don't know how he talked me into it -- I am going to take child development! He said that it would help me with my teaching.

This summer I plan on tutoring children in reading. {excellent experience} I already have for two boys (and helped one pass). I have to find people for recommendations. Probably the boys' mothers and Mrs. Peterson (an old English teacher). I'll ask my English teacher this year. {Come in and we'll try to round up some needy people (if your interested in high school age tutoring!)}

Note:
Child development was a disaster. The class was populated with the same girls as TAP plus the ones who had babies in high school. I dropped out of the class after a few weeks. I was uncomfortable with being with girls my age who had children, I suppose. I remember being in a group discussion where one of the girls told in detail what it was like to give birth from the pubic hair shaving before the birth to the episiotomy and heat lamp treatments afterwards.

I only remember tutoring one child and that was the next door neighbor.

No comments: