Wednesday, March 02, 2005

February 22, 1973
In which I consider my temperment

Thursday
Wow! Am I glad it's journal time. I am at the end of Shane and I just know something's going to happen to make me cry. I'm glad I can read it at home. Mother tells me I'm too proud to cry -- sure when she wants me to -- but crying is really the best way to let your anger go I think. Of course it is better than hitting someone or screaming at someone and calling them names. I think if people showed their feelings more - than holding them inside, it would be a better world. I shouldn't talk. I hold my feelings inside me 'til I burst -- then I have a fit temper tantrum. {a lot of professional psychologists agree with you.}

I saw Miss Meyer yesterday. It was wonderful. She recognized me right away. So did my first grade teacher, Mrs. Giboney. The teachers seemed so much less overpowering than they did when I had them.

Note:
I think I remember reading Shane but had forgotten until just now.

I did have a wicked temper and would have regular temper tantrums. This lasted until I was a young adult, then I learned I would not always get my way if I had one. That was the reason, I had them, I think. I wanted my way and got it if I threw a fit (what my mom called them). Once I picked up a pile of papers and threw them down on a brand new dining room table and put a dent in the table that is still there today.

No comments: