Tuesday, February 15, 2005

May 12, 1972
In which I lose a relative and make a wish

12:40 pm

Yesterday when I came home from school I found out that my Great Grandma Nielsen died. She was 98 years old. I must go to the funeral. Tomorrow is the visitation and I can't make it. I am going to the museum.

My leg is really bothering me. It hurts so much to walk down the steps. I think mom had better make me an appointment with Dr. Winters.

Mrs. Peterson is subbing for Mrs. Bennett. I wish she would sub for a teacher I have sometime. I like her so much.

Note:
My Great Grandma Nielson was born in Denmark. She thought she would live forever. I remember a few years before this entry when we went to visit her at her granddaughter's home, she gave my mother some needlework pot holders. Then she turned to me and told me (at age 12 or so) that she would make me some for my wedding. She was the oldest person I knew...about 95 at the time. I was amazed that she thought she would be alive when I got married.

Mrs. Peterson did end up subbing for a teacher I had, as a long term sub. Mrs. Peterson was an old friend of my mother's and when she gave me A+ on all of my writing in the English class she subbed in I called her on it, asking if she was giving me these good grades because she was a friend of the family. I think I hurt her feelings because then she put a - after the A instead of a +.

No comments: