Tuesday, February 22, 2005

February 6, 1973
In which I have a dilemma

What am I supposed to do? If I quit working on the yearbook I will have quit my only "outside interest" and if I keep on working I will go home with a headache everyday and I will lose all of my friends. Already people whom I was very good friend with last year ignore me when I say "hi". As a matter of fact -- last Friday after Carol Sha's "birthday party" (which I couldn't go to because I had a class eighth hour) I went down to the nurse's office to wish her happy birthday when I was leaving I was walking out with Carol Shi and Sally and Mary. They, for some reason walked ahead of me and giggled to themselves but Sally kept walking faster. I don't know if they were snubbing me -- but It sure felt like it.

I worked so hard to get where I am -- to stop being so shy like I used to be. (before I met Cindy). I can't lose it - It seems that for every step "higher" I take my happiness it takes 2 steps lower.
Note:
I don't remember this at all. The fact is, I was still shy and continued to be shy until after college. I don't even remember Carol Sha** or Mary.

The thing I'll never gorget though, is what Cindy did. One day last week when I was looking for Mr. Schuster to ask him about the Debate team's copy for the yearbook I wen to the lunch table where Cindy and Carol and Sally and "our other chums" ate. I asked a girl who is on the debate team if she could tell me what they had done that year. She said she would and went to a different table. I had the pictures from the yearbook with me and Cindy wanted to see them. I told her that she had already seen them. She came over to where Candy and I were working and started to laugh and pull the picture s out of my notebook. She laughted some more and went back to the table. Sally came over then and giggled. I asked her why everyone was lauging (for when Cindy went back the whole table broke out in giggles) she said that Cindy just wanted to make me mad and told everyone "Watch me make Dona mad". Well she got her wish and ever since then I feel uncomfortable talking to her. {understandable}

Cindy and I used to be best friends -- what happened?

{Dona - you have a knack of being able to be honset with your thoughts. Your "innosence" is well=appreciated (don't EVER let anyone tell you otherwise!!)}
Note:
This I do remember. When Cindy [aka Cynthia] called me in Pittsburgh this is the only time I remembered where she made me angry on puropse.

No comments: