Thursday, February 24, 2005

February 8, 1973
In which I am cruel

I think I almost punched Cindy yesterday. She and I had gone to our lockers after school yesterday and Kim went by "Did you make the honor roll, Dona?"

"I doubt it," I answered.

"Well, I didn't," Kim said.

I knew I was going to have a fit then. About thirty seconds later I heard a blood curdeling shriek down the hall. Then I heard footsteps that I knew only could be Cindy J's - klip klop klip klop running down the hall.

"Dona! Dona!" she screamed.

"I know, don't tell me," I said and covered my ears with my hands.

"I made the high honor roll!" she told me anyway.

"Shut-up, I know," and I pushed her away.

"How did you know?" she asked

"I really didn't know, but I suspected.

(to be continued)

Note:
Another post that makes me cringe. How could I have been so selfish? Obviously Cindy was excited and happy. Why did I have to be so mean and not congratulate her?

No comments: