Monday, February 21, 2005

January 25, 1973
In which I sweep up broken glass, walk with Suzi Q and and Mr. Shuster says "hi"

Thursday

Today is starting off great! Lori dropped her mirror on the locker room floor and I had to run all around the school with Miss Mauffly to find a broom and dust pan. Cindy was right Miss Mauffly is nice. When we got the broom Lori and I swept the glass up and kept on finding other pieces. We were late for typing.

I actually walked to school With Susan Q. I haven't talked to her for four years and all of a sudden she wants to walk with me -- I guess I did hold sort of a grudge though. I will never know why we ceased to be friends.

Mr. Shuster said Hi to me last night. I almost dropped dead. I figured after he read my evaluation he would hate me.

Note:
Susan Q. lived behind me on the next block. She started at my school in 5th grade and began dating a boy named Steve H. that year. They went steady until they graduated, but didn't marry. Steve's brother, Terry, teased me unmercifully. Not sure about this grudge I held though.

Mr. Shuster was one of my teachers in 9th grade. I took a lot of English classes - his was speed reading. He knew nothing about the subject -- was learning as he taught (he told us this the first day). His method of grading involved a lot of student participation. I was not comfortable participating, especially since this was a class full of "popular" kids. One of the assignments was to write questions about the text. I did my homework and was assigned to a group of upperclassmen who were also jocks and their girlfriends. They took my questions and since I was too shy to speak up I got a D for the assignment. I ran out of the room crying and went to the head of the English department. I got a B or A after she talked to him and he gave me tests to do instead of presentations. It was rumored that he dated high school girls.

No comments: