Saturday, January 13, 2007

May 30, 1974
In which I enjoy prom

Thursday

Last night was Prom. I had fears galore about the rotten time I was going to have. But I had a good time. Dan finally realizes our relationship. We are friends. After Prom Mike B. wanted to go to his boss's apartment. I knew why. After we got there he and his date used the bedroom. Dan couldn't believe his eyes! I said that's what I figured they would do. Dan and I talked and talked. I am so glad we are back to normal.

I really love Jeremy. I got a letter from him the other day. To to be exact (that makes eight counting the card and my parent's [letter]). One brought the news that I would be staying there for three weeks! To live in the same house as Jeremy B! My love.

Note:
My memories of Prom are different from this. I remember acting bored, so much so that someone later asked if I'd had too much to drink because it looked like I was sleeping at the table with my head down. I was offended by the entertainment - a belly dancer. I don't even have a photo of myself in my prom dress standing next to my date - my mom forgot to take a photo and Dan claims the photo his mom took didn't turn out.

I'm surprised I knew that Mike and his date were going to have sex in the bedroom. I didn't know I was so worldly wise.

As for the letter from Jeremy saying I was going to stay in his house - I guess I neglected to write that Vilma's mother wrote us and said that "under the circumstances" I was not welcome at her house.

No comments: