Monday, January 15, 2007

20th June, 1974
In which I fly to England

Thursday

Well! Here I am, in an airplane over Michigan!

This morning I got up at 7:00 (without the alarm) and realized what today was! My England Day, June 20, 1974. It began like any other day, bickering between my family, (little bit) and whatnot.

Then 9:10 came and we left for Larkin. Lori was there and I said goodbye to her. Then Cindy came and I said bye to her.

What a strange sensation, flying is. I really should do it more often! In an hour and a half I will be in New York! I will see the Statue of Liberty! Wow!!! Then I will be on my way to England! Over the ocean. The Sea! Oh my gosh, I really don't believe what is happening to me. I remember when I first heard about England. It really is unbelievable that I'm here.

Note:
I remember being excited about the flight, singing "We're going on an airplane!" with Sue B. I don't really recall much of the flight except that the plane had two stories and Sue and I got up and walked around. We asked if we could go to the other story, but were told not in flight, maybe later.

It was pretty unbelievable I was there. Things like that just didn't happen to the likes of me.

No comments: