Monday, January 15, 2007

10th June, 1974
In which I have cramps and more angst

Monday

I got another letter from Jez today. It is really nice, as all of his letters are. It is hard to believe only ten more days to go. I've got a a lot to do, but I have awful cramps. I was really going to begin to pack. I will when the pill takes effect. I guess mom found out that it is her thyroid. I am glad.

I've still got to mail Jez's, Grandma's and Pam's letters. Sometimes I think that Jeremy is just a young boy going through a love (puppy) affair. This isn't true with me. I am true and, I don't know. I hope I can come to a realization this summer. I love Jez. He is absolutely the most wonderful person I've ever met in my life. I really want to marry him. He is so perfect. If he is at the end of it I could wait a hundred years.

Grandma Patrick said that she had something for me. I think it is money. I hope so. I need it. I now have the grand total of $43.34 in my purse, $20.00 in the Larkin Bank.

Note:
More angst over love and Jeremy. This is getting a little old, but I imagine I really was confused.

My Grandma Patrick did, indeed, have money for me. Whenever she would dispense money to her children or grandchildren, she'd go through a unusual little ritual. She'd had a mastectomy years ago (not cancer, but for some reason the doctors removed one of her breasts - infection perhaps before antibiotics?) Anyway that is where she kept her money, in the padding of her empty bra cup. So when she wanted to give someone money she would ask us to come into her room and she would undo the top buttons of her dress, reach in her bra and pull out cash. I believe she gave me $100 - a huge sum for me back then.

Notice that I've begun writing the date European style.

No comments: