Monday, January 15, 2007

19th June, 1974
In which I use many exclaimation points and visit with an old friend

Wednesday

Tomorrow is the big day! I leave for England at 9:30 am. I have a headache right now. Oh, woe is me. Nothing ever goes right - Ha, Ha. I am going to England!!! What more can I ask? I have received $270.00 this last week. Oh my gosh, what an idiot I am. I am nervous or something. I still have a lot to do.

3:40 pm

Well, wonders of wonders. Guess who I just saw! Stephanie K. (V.) I haven't seen her for years. I am so happy. She has invited me to come out sometime. I can't believe it at all! She is so great! Great!!!

Note:
I think my Aunt Ginny and Uncle Jack gave me another $100 for the trip. Not sure where the other money came from though.

Obviously I was very excited about the adventure upon which I was about to embark. I counted eight exclamation points in that short entry.

Stephanie was the daughter of a friend of my mom's. She was one or two years older than me and was a kind of free spirit. She'd moved to San Diego either during or after high school I believe she married young (she must have been married at this time as her last name was different from what I remember it to have been). I remember being awe of her and her accomplishments at the time. I don't think I knew anyone who had escaped Elgin like she did.

Many years later my then boyfriend, now husband, and I visited her in San Diego when we were living in LA one summer. We had delicious Mexican food.

I had lunch with her mother over this past Christmas holiday and she said that Stephanie is still into her music. (I remember she was in a band long ago)

No comments: