Monday, January 15, 2007

21st June, 1974
In which I am finally there already!!!!

Friday

Guildford, England

11:00 am

Here I am — England. I'm sitting outside a cathedral in Guildford England. The site I am looking out on is most beautiful, just as I pictured it. I wish I could believe that I am here. In England! Finally in England.
Guildford, England
On the way here, on a bus from the airport I looked out the window and saw 2 guys (lads) on a motorcycle. The on on back looked up at me and then did a double take. So did I. I said to Sue, "Doesn't he look like Chris Mealy?" She said yeah. Then, he was still staring and as we parted he waved. I went crazy. That was Chris Mealy! I know it!!!

We met this really fantastic man. I thought he was a student, but it turns out he an art teacher. He is so funny. He's from New Jersey. Everything he said was a joke.

Note:
I remember writing this post and taking some photos (not the one here, I borrowed that from http://www.picturesofengland.com/) Of course the boy could not have been Chris Mealy, we were very far away from his home at the time.

Don't recall the comical art teacher from New Jersey at all.

No comments: