Tuesday, January 16, 2007

June 23, 1974
In which I describe London, use the phone and see a play

London

0815 hours am

London is a nice enough place. I can't quite explain the difference from America except that it is much, much older. Old and new - smack dab next to each other! One of the oldest buildings in London is framed by a high rise - very ironic. I've learned a lot from this trip so far. It's fantastic. And I will learn so much more - since I'm here, right now - seeing everything.

Hey, I called Jez. I tried once, earlier and there was no answer then later I called and Mrs. Burgoyne answered. I told her who I was and she seemed quite pleased. I was in such a good mood after that. Talking to my future mother-in-law (?) for the first time. Wow!

We saw a beautiful play yesterday called "Billy" starring a Michael Crawford. I guess he was in Hello Dolly.

8:30 pm

I have just talked to Jez on the phone. Wow! I feel absolutely grand. I couldn't believe I really was talking to him.

As I was writing the above the phone rang and on the other end was Jez again. We talked for five minutes as we only had three before. Wow! eight glorious minutes of talking to My Jeremy. God, my love for him is bursting through the seams. I love him. I love him. I love him. I could write that forever and neve get writer's cramp. I LOVE HIM!

The first time we were cut off. I felt sad. Oh well. He called back, as I knew he would.

He said that he feels that time goes slower now that I'm so close. That is true. I feel it too. I've really got a lot to do but I can't, at least tomorrow when I get some money.

I wish Sue would hurry up and get back so I can tell her about calling Jez.

He asked for her. She ran off somewhere with Julie. I'm acting really dumb. I see how she feels about being with Julie -- but I still act dumb and, I don't know, just dumb.

Know what I want to do? I don't care about seeing any changing of the guards or anything but Jez. All I want is Jez. To heck with everything else. He is waiting in Horsforth for me. I want to go to him and never ever be separated from him again. But I will, always. We must always say goodbye for a long, long time. He is bound to find someone else, closer to his house, to love more than he claims to love me. I wont find anyone else I love as much as I love him. If he finds someone else I suppose, in time, I will marry, but I'll always love Jez. No matter how long the time or how far the distance will be. I'll always love Jeremy Richard "Eric" B.



Note:
I sort of remember calling and talking to Jeremy's mom - I remember his call more though.

I do remember the musical, though. I'm not sure I'd call it beautiful - but I'd not seen too many professional plays, so anything that didn't star classmates was good, I suppose.

I sure thought I loved Jeremy in this entry. I suppose I did - as much as any teenager can love another teenager. It was real at the time. Possibly the only problem with our relationship was the distance. We became different people during the time apart and when we got together it was hard to reconcile that person with the one we remembered from ten months earlier. It's sad though that I didn't care about the experience of being in London as much as for seeing Jeremy, but that is all normal.


No comments: