Wednesday, February 16, 2005

June 8, 1972
In which school ends and I die of delight

Well, school's out. I have to write this fast because I want to remember it all. After school Sally and Gary walked past. I said, "bye Sally" and waved at Gary. Sally came over to say good-bye and Gary came with. "Here is my chance," I thought. "Will you sign my yearbook?

He needed a pen so I let use my purple pen (Flair TM) and he signed it. He said, "Where do you want me to?" I showed him a space that was empty and said, "I saved it just for you."

He said, "Wasn't that nice of you?" Then he signed it. When he got done he gave me back my pen and we couldn't find the top. He still had it in his hand. I told him thank you and he asked me if I was going to the pool this summer. I said maybe. Then he left and I saw what he wrote.

To the girl I almost went with.
-- Gary C.

I think died of pure delight right there and then. I was so hapy I cried and Cindy thought it was because of missing the school. I let her believe that. My day (and year) is complete. I thought I hated him -- I love him!

Note
This is one of the entries that makes me cringe. While I do remember how I felt at the time, I am embarrassed to read it now.

1 comment:

Otter said...

I tried to leave a comment before and blogger munched it to death.

I love crushes. There is something so adorable about them.

I enjoyed the tension in your entry and the purple flair. It brought back to mind some of the many boys that I was in LOVE with through the years.