Sunday, February 20, 2005

January 23, 1973

Tuesday

This is the beginning of my English part of my journal. I had to find this notebook under my bed. I haven't written in it for for or five months - except for last night.

I can't believe that Cindy is actually getting better grades than I am. She is getting an A in Spanish. I'm only getting a B. She is getting an A in Biology and I am getting a B in that too. Yesterday in Spanish I got mad at her because she got a better grade on the final. Mr. Barth knew I was mad so he kept on calling on me.

Oh - I'm going to actually take swimming lessons. Mother said it was the best news she heard all day. Carol, Cindy and I are going. {Great exercise!}

I have decided to get mom The Wisdom of Insecurity because she liked it so. (for her birthday)

Note:
Cindy was usually a worse student than I, or at least got worse grades. I remember feeling really angry about her getting better grades. I guess I felt that there was one way in which I excelled in our friendship and that was school and when she surpassed me in that I was angry.

I'm not sure in what class I read The Wisdom of Insecurity. The name is odd and I am surprised it is still in print. I think I didn't read it, but was supposed to.

No comments: