Thursday, February 24, 2005

February 16, 1973
In which I worry about seeing my grandfather

Friday

I want to see Grandma and Grandpa very much - but on the other hand I feel odd about it. I don't know how I am going to act when I meet them -- especially Grandpa.

I have known people with artificial things - eyes etc..., and I know people who are maimed in some ways. I cry to think that I hadn't paid much attention to him. I always was with Grandma more. Grandpa and I could almost be the same person -- we have the same interests (except he likes dirty books, Ick!!!). {My goodness}

I came across the golf equipment Grandpa gave me last summer. It made me sad to think that I probably will never have the chance to caddy for him like always wanted me to. {Your grandparents must be very considerate}

Note:
I wrote about this in another blog. I remember all of this - even coming across the "dirty" books my Grandfather read - one was a classic: Fanny Hill. I never admitted it in this journal, but I snuck some of my grandfather's books out of the house and read them, guiltily, on the dock, away from adult eyes, although this may have been during later visits.

No comments: