Wednesday, February 16, 2005

June 11, 1972
In which I visit my Grandparents in Wisconsin.

Well, I just said goodbye to my family. I won't see them for about a month. I want to cry - but I can't. Right now I am sitting on the pontoon boat. I haven't met a boy yet and something tells me I won't. Oh well.

I wonder if I can really be in love. Aren't I too young? But everything tells me I do love Gary -- what torture I am going through. I bet though everyone must feel like this at times like this. I had really better get going back to the house. Grandma might get worried. Oh -- Kevin was awful upset that I was staying and he wasn't. Before they left I told him that I was going to kiss him -- he ran, of course, but fell and let me kiss him. Maybe he will miss me?

Note:
I spent several summers with my Grandparents. Or it seems as if I did. Maybe it was only a few. I enjoyed that time with my Grandmother and Grandfather Green. They had a cabin in Chetek, WI. I wrote more about it in my other blog.

Kevin, my younger brother, was born when I was nearly 7. We got along sometimes, but usually ignored each other since our ages were so far apart. It wasn't until we both had kids around the same time that we took an interest in each other's lives.

No comments: