Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May June 1, 1973
In which I feel better

Friday

Well, swimming lessons are over and I passed!

I got rid of the feeling I had Wednesday by climbing my tree. I wrote a lot about my feelings in a notebook. I saw the guy I like and decided I don't like him really. He is just a very friendly person and that is it!

I have a busy weekend ahead of me -- at the library!!!

Note:

I may have made note of this before, but it is worth mentioning again. I took swimming lessons every summer for years at a local outdoor pool and never passed beginners. Of course I never actually got my face wet, so it is understandable the teachers would not pass me. Finally I decided to learn to swim at the YWCA with a friend or two and was able to pass beginners by swimming on my back the length of the pool. The water was warmer and it was my idea, not my mom's.

Remember, I grew up in Northern Illinois, so the summer mornings were often quite cool. Going to the pool in low 60 degree weather was not unusual, especially since the lessons were held in the early mornings. I spent most lessons sitting on the side of the pool.

The weekend writing was in a different notebook which I recently found and will post after this or the next entry.

I suppose now the guy I "could not afford to like" was the paperboy. As I may have mentioned earlier, he was what my kids call "special ed". He could not read and went to a special school. Maybe that is why I "could not afford" to like him. It would make my social standing plummet. (my daughter says she is embarrassed for me because my first boyfriend was "special ed". Perhaps it was because he was a year younger than I.

No comments: