Wednesday, May 25, 2005

June 4, 1973
In which I write about the weekend

Monday

What a wonderful weekend! It may be nothing really -- but it certainly seems like what I think it is.

I met a cockapoo named Old Style and a poodle named Creme de Cocoa, a cat named puddin' (called stubbies because it is missing its tail), a kitten named Tommy (I think) and a raccoon named Sniffles. Bob showed them to me. Bob, Bob, Bob. Maybe I am fooling myself, I probably am -- but I will continue...

I met him a long time ago. Last year, maybe it wasn't so long ago. Anyway the first time I talked to him he wanted me to buy three half dollars. I didn't and didn't talk to him again until this year.

He was teasing me about Franz (our Doxey) and saying, "What a big dog." The other day he asked me I wanted to see his dog. He brought it over and I walked back to his house to see his cats and other dog. yesterday I met him again and he showed me his racoon. It was cute and when he was holding it I looked up at hem and he looked down at me and our eyes met and held for a few seconds.

He walked me home then.

Maybe I am making too much out of it, but I have a feeling for him. He is not very bright but he is so friendly. I feel differently towards him than I felt about Gary. I don't know...

Note:

I vividly remember lots of this. I had forgotten about the racoon, but remember the dogs. I also remember Bob coming by a year earlier wanting to sell me three half dollars.

Bob lived two blocks away. His mother delivered our mail. He had twin sisters and another sister who was blind.

No comments: