Thursday, May 26, 2005

June 30, 1973
In which I break up

It's all over. Last night I asked Mother if I could go to the show with Bob today. She didn't give me an answer except reasons why I shouldn't like him. I agreed but how could I tell her that although he was outwardly immature he had taught me something -- how to kiss. Yes in that area he was far above me.

I made up my mind last night that I would tell him the complete story of why I encouraged our relationship so far -- but fortunately he didn't ask me why. I said that I we shouldn't see each other any longer. That hurt me -- he just said, "Okay -- you can keep the pillow." I told him that I would be afraid to look at it -- so he should take it back. It was sort of easy. But I cried -- for the first time about him alone.

Note:

The pillow was a yellow smiley face pillow he probably won at a carnival or something.

This whole "relationship" took place in the month of June. Not very long at all, but it felt like a long time back then, I suppose.

No comments: