Thursday, April 24, 2008

Journal Entry #6 -- September 26, 1975

8:03

I didn't quite execute self-discipline today. I got up late and only studied for one hour in the library, but the night's not over yet. I've just figured out that I waste 53 hours a week -- that's more than two days I waste -- and not sleeping either. What do I do with my time? Cut that -- it's 50 hours a week. Writing to Jeremy is not a waste of time.

Uncle Vern and Aunt Norma are over. Uncle Vern is so stupid -- all he talks about is how rotten the world is treating him and his little Bonnie (who's 19 in January) or how we should get rid of the [n-word] before they get rid of us. People like him make me ill.

Note:
I don't remember this day nor the calculations I must have made to come up
with how much time I wasted a week. Interesting. I wonder what I counted as
wasting time. TV? What else. Not reading, I hope.

Uncle Vern - biggest bigot I've ever known. End of story.

No comments: