Friday, April 25, 2008

Collecting for "Writing 8"

  1. First day alone at work
  2. Facts being trhown at me
  3. Tall dark man walking around counter
  4. having been told that people who loiter can be shoplifters
  5. Head manager left to have coffee and left me alone at jewerly counter
  6. Said "watch that no one walks away with our Jewelry"
  7. store busy
  8. pricing jewelry
  9. not used to store
  10. man looking at the jewelry
  11. he looked around all of the time
  12. Knocked on the counter
  13. "Oh dear, this guy can't talk," I thought.
  14. Pushed a necklace on top of counter and shook head.
  15. I put necklace back
  16. Finally asked him if I could help him and he got angry and shook his head.
  17. Then came around to the register and said, "Now don't get nervous. , but I'm not buying this stuff."
  18. Started reaching into his pocket
  19. Continued, "I'm security, just do something and make it look real."
  20. I pushed the total button and uut a billfold in a bag, all the while he stared around him.
  21. When the manager came back I asked him if the tall dark man was really security and explained what happened

No comments: