Wednesday, November 22, 2006

May 4, 1974
In which I fall in love

Saturday

I haven't written since last Friday. Too much has happened to write about. But to briefly summarize my life last week: Vilma decided to move out. I met Jeremy B. I fell in love with Jeremy. Jeremy loves me, is speeding away from at the moment at fifty-five miles an hour. Soon he will be going at 600 miles an hour. He lives six thousand miles away. I will see him for three weeks in six weeks and three days. Then maybe never again. I love Jez. Jez loves me.

Last night at the school at 12 midnight was hell. I never let go of Jez 'til the bus moved away. I even gave him a last kiss up in the air. Dan T. held me up there. When Jez was gone I cried in Dan T's shoulder. I have never cried on a guy's shoulder before and now it seems to be a habit.

Nigel L. took my hand and said, "Bye Killer". I broke down again. God, how I love Jez. I feel like I am not really me. How can anyone love me as much as Jez does? He lives so far away. Why? Why? Why?

"God loves ya, Dona. I love ya too."

Note:

When I think back on this time, it seemed as if Jeremy and I knew each other longer than a week before he left. I know I met him earlier - when Sue brought him to English class. But then, I don't think I knew Sue that well at that time.

We went to a movie (The Sting), went to a party (where we kissed and Vilma said something like: "Glad to see you are normal"). How did we have the time to fall in love?

No comments: