Friday, November 17, 2006

February 16, 1974
In which I get my ears pierced

Saturday

Boy has today been weird! Debbie K. pierced my ears today. What a strange experience!!! It was painful, but so fun. After she pierced them we went to Ben Franklin and showed everyone my ears. Then we went to the car wash. Deb got scared in the thing. Then her car started steaming. We went to Dan's house and saw his baby sister. I really had a riot today and found out that Debbie sort of knows Bob!!! He sort of liked her. I really can't believe that.

Note

Debbie and I worked at Ben Franklin together. She lived near where my dad grew up and knew some people my dad and grandmother Patrick talked about. Years later I'd know about her through my in-laws who lived on the farm next to where she lived. I saw her about 23 years ago working at the Jewel Grocery Store in Elgin as a Flower Lady. My then boyfriend, now husband and I talked to her a bit.

No comments: