Monday, December 11, 2006

May 13, 1974
In Which I Impatiently Await a Letter from Jeremy

Monday

4:06 pm

No word from Jeremy except the Saturday after he left they called Jim B's house and Jeremy told someone to tell me that he loves me and misses me and that he will write soon. Soon, eh? I expected a letter Saturday. It's been ten days. I found two poems and a theme that he wrote in a paper/magazine of Benton Park.

Only thirty-eight days left before I set off for England. And about forty-two or three before I see Jez again. I told mother that I wasn't sure whether I really loved Jez. She said that I did for sure. I am not so certain anymore. I know I don't love Dan at all -- as a matter of fact I don't even like him much. I have to find a prom dress soon. Ick! I don't even want to go to prom. Especially not with Dan.

Note:

Ten days does seem a long time to wait for an airmail letter. I think that sometimes they would arrive much sooner.

I don't remember my mother telling me that she was sure I loved Jeremy. I'm surprised, but then, maybe not so much.

No comments: