Friday, May 04, 2007

June 26, 1975
In which Stephanie visits again

Thursday

Stephanie was over today. She's out here for a few days.

I wish I could think of things to say when she is here, but I guess I'm afraid of sounding like a prude or something. She told me that the man she is living with isn't the one she married. It doesn't matter to me one way or another -- as long as she is happy, I suppose.

She has a book for me to read. She wants to stop over before she leaves to meet Jeremy.

She has once more invited me to come out to California. I hope that someday I can make it. I'd like to visit all the states at least once.

Note:
The book Stephanie loaned me was Narcissus and Goldmund by Herman Hesse. I think I still have it.

I did eventually visit Stephanie in California - about eight years later when we were spending time in LA.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was amazed to read this! Wow. You never know people think of you let alone write about you. I vaguely remember you having trouble with the "s" word, and remember giving you the book. Just so that you know though, I got married at 16 only to become emancipated. I then had the marriage annulled. The guy I was living with when you wrote this was a doctor. He had violent tendencies, so I had to leave him.

I eventually married a carpenter, we were together for 23 years. Sadly, he went nuts - probably always was - and we were divorced to save our children and our home. We had 2 boys, they are VERY cool guys, sweet, honest, and hard working.

I have been divorced 3 years. I began dating my best friend of 25 year a year or so ago. Funny, we never "liked" each other before, but when neither of us were involved in a relationship, we magically had this spark. He is the first REALLY nice man I have ever dated. I think we are in love, and may get married one day.

I was glad to read this and to see thru your window so to speak.

Cedar Waxwing said...

Oh cool. I wondered if see this entry. I love that we are back in touch!