Friday, January 19, 2007

27th June, 1974
In which I list the things we did in London

Thursday

One week ago today I set off on a journey I will never forget. To England. Between then and now I've seen many sights such as Guildford Cathedral, the Tower of London, Windsor Castle, St Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, and more. We also saw a play called Billy and a variety show called The Palladium or something.

Note:
I've got photos of many of these places that I will scan and add to this entry. I made a scrapbook after I returned home, that is still intact today.

I did a little research on the variety show at the Palladium, and it seems that we saw the second iteration of Sunday Night at the London Palladium. It's possible it was televised. I wonder if I knew it at the time. I do remember, however, that the British National Anthem was played and I felt honored that the entire theater stood for a US patriotic song.

No comments: