Tuesday, May 16, 2006

October 3, 1973
In which I feel

I just rode my bike over to Lori's. I was feeling depressed for a few reasons. The uppermost I suppose is he fact that Bob is getting a ride home and I won't be able to "accidentally" talk to him on the way home from school. Another reason I feel depressed is because Carol and Sally helped me collect cards today and I felt "out of it" sort of. Oh, I am such a dope.

Right now I am at Wing Park feeling the wind, just feeling period.

I had better go now before mother becomes worried.

Note:
I'm not sure why Carol and Sally helping me collect cards1 would cause me to feel depressed. I suspect they were being chummy and I felt left out. I never did well when there were three girls together.


1 Our high school used a computer system to keep track of absences. Each student's name was on a punch card. Each period teachers would go through a stack of the punch cards , and put the students' cards who were not in class in a brown attendance envelope. Attendance pages such as myself would pick them up and return them to the attendance office. From there, I'm guessing they were fed into a computer or punch card reader and a report was generated on who was absent or not. We pages were just the "gofers". I don't know who did the actual computer work, but I am guessing it was a man.

No comments: